Another fast and furious General Assembly session is in the books, and I have returned home to Leesburg. A 45-day session is a short amount of time to attend to all of the people’s business. I am pleased to say that this was a successful session. While in Richmond, I worked with members of both parties, in both Houses, to solve problems and deliver results for you. Here are some highlights:
- I was a chief co-patron of the Governor’s transportation bill that, while not the long-term solution we need, will provide $4 billion to construct over 900 infrastructure projects across the Commonwealth including two right here at home: the Route 7/Belmont Ridge Road interchange and the Sycolin Road overpass.
- I passed a Research and Development Tax Credit that will make Virginia more attractive to the technology industry, more competitive with our neighbors, and create high-paying, high-growth potential jobs.
- I also passed a Telework Tax Credit that will encourage companies to set up telework programs and allow employees to spend less time in traffic and more time with their families.
- Working together with several members of both parties in the House and Senate, we crafted and passed legislation to criminalize synthetic marijuana and protect our children from these dangerous designer drugs.
- And I passed legislation that will protect Virginia’s Tuition Assistance Grant Program (TAG) to ensure that Virginia tax dollars are awarded to Virginia students attending Virginia institutions.
Just as quickly as session has ended for the year, my campaign for re-election now begins and I am excited and looking forward to the road ahead. This November, you will once again have the opportunity to send me back to Richmond to continue to be a strong, independent, and effective voice for you.
I’m looking forward to traveling the district and speaking with voters about my strong record of putting aside partisan politics, solving problems, and delivering results. I am also excited to share with you my vision for Virginia and where I think we need to go in the future. So stay tuned for email updates on events I’ll be attending in the months ahead and on ways you can get involved in the campaign!
Thank you for your continued support. As always, it is an honor and a privilege to represent you.
PS. I will be hosting a reception in the Bacon Room at Lansdowne Resort on Saturday, March 26 from 4 to 6pm. Please click here to register online. You may also email Jon at email@example.com or call 703-729-3300 if you would like to attend. I hope to see you there!